Fireworks and bonfires
Published on: 28 Oct 2016
BONFIRES AND FIREWORKS
Local events underlined
Wednesday November 2
• Inns Court Centre
Marshall Walk, Knowle. Food and fireworks: homemade food from 2.30pm plus cookery demos, tea and cakes. Fireworks 6pm. Children’s activities, bouncy castle, bric a brac. 0117 910 5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday November 4
• Knowle Cricket Club
Broad Walk, Knowle. Gates open 4.30pm, fireworks 6.30pm. Food & drink available. No sparklers. Adults £5, children £3, family (2+2) £12.
• Downend Round Table
King George V playing fields, Sutherland Avenue. Bristol’s biggest bonfire event with two firework displays – children’s 6.30pm and main show 8pm. Gates 5.30pm. No sparklers. Live acts, bar, burgers, pulled pork, sweets, candy floss. Tickets £6 adult and £5 child on gate; in advance from traders or website.
• Cleve RFC
The Hayfields, Cossham Street, Mangotsfield BS16 9EN. Gates 6pm, fireworks 8pm. Funfair, food, stalls and bar. Adults £6, children £3.50, family 2+2 £15. 0117 957 5775, email email@example.com
Saturday November 5
• Victoria Park
Bonfire, no fireworks. Organised by VPAG. Volunteers build the bonfire from 3pm, Guy Fawkes judging 6pm, fire lit at 6.15pm. Hot dog stall and bar. Free.
• Compass Point School
South Street, Bedminster. Gates open 6pm, fireworks at 7pm. Tickets £10 for a family of up to 5 people. Hot food, drinks, entertainment. 0117 377 2340
• Hungerford Community Centre, Brislington
Hungerford Community Centre and Social Club, Hungerford Road, Brislington BS4 5EX. Small firework display with sparklers, barbecue and bar. Free entry.
• St Werburghs City Farm
Watercress Road, Bristol BS2 9YJ. 3-8pm. Fireworks after dark. Adults £5, under 12s free. Free glowsticks. 0117 942 8241.
• Fireworks To Music at Avon Valley Country Park Pixash Lane, Bath Road, Keynsham BS31 1TP. 5.30-9.30pm. Display at 7.30pm. Funfair, food and bar. Tickets £2 in advance. Parking £12.50 car up to 5 seats, £20 for 6 seats+.
• Canford Park Canford Lane, Westbury on Trym, BS9 3NX Gates open 6pm, display at 7pm. Presented by Bristol Round Table and Clifton Rotary Club.Tickets: £5, under 3s free.
• Puxton Park Puxton Park, Cowslip Lane, Hewish, Weston-super-Mare. Gates open at 5pm, fireworks at 7pm. Tickets in advance only: £6 (adults and children). 01934 523500.
• Thornbury Round Table
Mundy playing fields, Thornbury BS35 2AE. Gates 5.30pm.
• Winterbourne Scouts
Sunny Acres Farm, Winterbourne BS36 1QL. Gates open at 5.30pm. Bonfire lit 6pm, fireworks 7pm. Barbecue. £4 adults, £3 under 15s. No parking at the venue. 1st Winterbourne (St Michael’s) Scouts. 01454 775024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bishop Road School
School Field, off Bishop Road, Bishopston BS7 8LQ. 5pm. Twitter:
Sunday November 6
• Bradley Stoke Town Council
Jubilee Centre, Savages Wood Road, Bradley Stoke. Gates open 4.30pm, hot food from 4.45pm, fireworks 6pm. No alcohol on site and no sparklers. Park in Willow Brook Centre. Free entry.